Monday, November 23, 2015

Road to Oklahoma - Free Pattern - Jelly Roll



Going back to traditions with the road to Oklahoma block. Today I have made this block available for you so you can use your pre-cut fabrics in a jelly roll! It's great to come up with new blocks but I love always going back to traditions. A road to Oklahoma block is a block I think every quilter should made at least once. =) Now usually I make fast easy quilts, I'm not going to sugar coat it but it is a easy pattern but it will take you some time. =P This pattern has also been featured on FaveQuilts!



To download this pattern as a FREE PDF, go here.

Fabric's used in this quilt are from Robert Kaufman's
Texture Spectrum by Studio RK, Neutral colorstory. Background is Kona Cotton in Snow. (Texture Spectrum by Studio RK, Neutral colorstory will be available in stores January 2016) 



 Here are some lovely quilting ideas that I think will look great on this quilt! ALSO be on a look out, within a few months, I will soon be able to quilt your quilts for you! =)





I hope you all enjoyed this pattern! If you have made a quilt using this pattern I would love to see it! =) Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for another great free pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great pattern using precuts. Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this pattern interesting and wanted to try and make it with some jelly rolls I've been holding for that special quilt. Your instructions say two jelly rolls for 72 blocks.
    My jelly rolls are only 20 strips and I see Kaufman's are all 40 roll strips.
    Important distinction.
    I made a sample block in some test fabrics and had trouble with the center alignment.
    I made 4 4x4 blocks and stitched them into pairs and then one.
    I see no way to share pictures if I ever get this quilt finished.
    Thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally completed this quilt in April 2017 and it came out great!
      The colors of your computer mock-up inspired me to use animal print jelly rolls with black as the contrast color. The center cried out for a border when it was finished. As you said, "I'm not going to sugar coat it but it is a easy pattern but it will take you some time.", this one took me a year as I kept laying it aside.
      My picture is here: https://irepo.primecp.com/2017/04/327244/user-img_199003_12055133_1493103868jpeg_Large600_ID-2194336.jpg?v=2194336

      Delete
  4. I don't see how 2 1/2 inch squares made into half square triangle squares come out at 2 1/2 inches. To make HSTS (half square triangle squares) that measure 2 1/2 inches square, you would need to start with 2 7/8 inch squares. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are losing a little less than 1/2 of the HST. On the 2 7/8" squares you are thinking of you put the fabrics right side tog., draw a line diagonally and sew 1/4" from the diagonal line, getting two 2 1/2" HST. In her instructions you put 2 HST right side tog. and SEW on the diagonal line, trim off 1/4" from that sewn diagonal line on one side, giving you one 2 1/2" HST.

    ReplyDelete