Monday, January 11, 2016

Persimmon - Free Quilt Pattern - Layer Cake


Fast easy feminine quilt, using lovely fabrics that are just perfect together! 



 

 Fabrics used are from Riley Blake in Apricot and Persimmon. Sashing is Kona Cotton in Sienna. Now this pattern calls for 36 - 10" squares, most of Riley Blake's Pre-cut selection isn't the standard count size so depending on your buyer you may need to buy two layer cake's. (BUT GREAT NEWS, Did you know that Missouri Star Quilt Company offers Riley Blake's pre-cuts in the standard count? Well they do! I was ordering some fabric from them the other day and saw it said a 42 count, I emailed them asking if it was a typo on their end and I found out that they do sell Riley Blake in standard counts for Layer Cakes, Jelly Rolls, and Charm Packs! Yay!!

 To download this pattern as a FREE PDF, go here.



Here is what I would like to have quilted on this quilt.





2 comments:

  1. Hi - thanks so much for offering all your free patterns! I found this pattern because a quilt using it was featured on the Moda Blog this morning. I did want to let you know I believe there is a typo on the pattern though - pretty sure you meant 1/2 yard for the binding, if it was standard 2.25 or 2.5 inch binding. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got all my pieces cut out, only to find that once you cut 2 1/2 inches off the side and bottom of a 10" layer cake square, you have left a 7 1/2" square, not an 8" square. Better to have that square too small, than all of my sashings :( I know it will be beautiful when I'm finished.

    ReplyDelete