Monday, January 18, 2016

Retro Cabin - Free Quilt Pattern - Jelly Roll


The famous log cabin block! Log Cabin quilts definitely take a lot of time piecing but here is a simple way to get a log cabin block look using a Jelly Roll! Only one jelly roll used and it get's you a nice 54" square lap quilt! 




 Fabrics used are from Timeless Treasure in Citrus Mint. In order to get a perfectly squared quilt you will need 42 strip pieces, BUT if you use a 40 strip jelly roll you will only have one block missing in which you can add a solid square in place which I think would look neat placed off set or right in the middle! Now if you are not a fan of a solid square placed in your quilt somewhere I understand. With that said you can use your backing fabric and cut two more strips out and you will still have enough for backing. I also do recommend that you grab a jelly roll that has a lot of darks and lights. If your fabric has a lot large print's or more similar colors, your log cabin will blend in to much.

 To download this pattern as a FREE PDF, go here.


 Now here are some ideas that I would consider to have quilted on this quilt.






 Have you made any quilts using my patterns? Please fill free to share! I'd love to see them! =D











1 comment:

  1. I love this pattern! Thank you so much for sharing Krystal. Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete