Monday, February 8, 2016

Beat of my Heart - Free Quilt Pattern - Jelly Roll



I've kinda feel in love with Jelly Roll patterns because they're not many out there but I LOVED how this pattern came out with only 40 strips and you get this lovely scrappy border. Finished Size: 58" x 70"




Fabrics used are from Riley Blake called Love Bug! I swear they make one of the cutest Valentine's themed fabric. First and Third borders are Kona Cotton in Charcoal. (I wanted the Kona Cotton's grey to be darker from the collections so it didn't blend in to much.)

 To download this pattern as a FREE PDF, go here.






Here are some cute quilting designs.















6 comments:

  1. I love this - thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you on my Twitter feed. I love this pattern and your blog! You found a new follower today. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What length jelly roll strips were you using? Mine are about 43" so cutting out four 6.5" rectangles and then six more 2.5" squares only leaves me with about 2.5" leftover. So not sure how there is enough for the scrappy border?? Did I miss something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool quilt! You may have done this in practice if not on the quilt drawing but if you alternate every other block you won't have to match up seams! Just a thought!

    You have done a lot of neat quilts on your site. Since I am involved with making pro bono kid quilts my quilt group is always on the look-out for sew day patterns. Appreciate the ideas you have already given me just by looking.

    ReplyDelete