Monday, February 15, 2016

Honor - Free Quilt Pattern - Jelly Roll


Happy President's Day! I thought a lovely Military themed quilt would be perfect for today. So another obsessed thing I have is I am very patriotic and in love with anything Red, White, and Blue. I wasn't born into a Military family but my Grandpa did serve in the Army. This quilt is in honor of my Grandpa, he was awarded a star which was one of a few story's I could get out of him when I was younger. This quilt is easy to put together and with a few twists and turns with the blocks it forms a beautiful modern star. Finished Size: 60" x 60"




 To download this pattern as a FREE PDF, go here.

Fabrics used in this pattern are from Moda's Polka Dots and Paisleys. Background is Robert Kaufmans Kona Cotton in Indigo.  
Finished size is 60" x 60"




 Here are some idea I think would look lovely quilted!








8 comments:

  1. Love this one - going to have to put it on my to-do list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really like this scrappy quilt pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I like the twist on this pattern that makes the stars. I can see this looking great in a variety of fabrics, even seasonal with Christmas or fall fabrics. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a question about this pattern. If I sew the triangles onto the block, so that they finish up at the edge of the first fabric strip, will it not finish up short of the edge when the blocks are joined? I'm making the quilt and having a problem seeing how I can adjust it. I'd love to hear your suggestions - how did you cope with this please? Margaret Q

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to print this off but the way I had to down load this pattern it wouldn't allow me to. Did you change how you allow patterns to be accessed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see under the pattern is a small button for PDF. I save mine as pdf and I can print from there.

      Delete
  6. I recently made this! Easy and turned out gorgeous. Need to quilt it still and I missed the 4th, but I'll have it next 4th.

    ReplyDelete