Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Product Review - Mary Ellen Best Press In Winter Magic WARNING MUST READ

If you have been following my blog for a little while then you know that I LOVE Mary Ellen Best Press, but I have recent purchased their new Holiday Scent called Winter Magic. Now I didn't think at the time that this needed a product review of the new scent but something happened that I thought I HAVE TO TELL ALL! 









Now for the product review, I think the scent is wonderful, reminds me of a log cabin in the woods. (One of  my all time favorite scents) I'd also recommend anyone to get it just by the way it smells. It does the job very well just like all of their best press! Now here is the BAD NEWS. Threw out two months that I have been using it, I've noticed that my ironing pad started to turn GREEN! At first I thought it was just the iron and with time it kinda burns the ironing pad but then I went to spray some quilt blocks that had white in them and noticed it would turn green as well! I switched back to my other scents I have with her in Lilac and my blocks where then fine. No color changing has happened. 

With that said I recommend only using the Winter Magic on dark fabrics. So far I've been only using it on darker fabrics and the only thing turning more green is just the ironing board. lol











5 comments:

  1. That's sure disappointing. Thanks for passing on the news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Best Press too. I just made a quilt and used and a bottle of their peach scent. I was and old bottle, probably 3 years or more. I sprayed a yard of chartreuse Moda fabric and ironed. All of the sprayed areas turned orange! It did wash out in the end but not knowing if it would come out was a heart stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Best Press too. I just made a quilt and used and a bottle of their peach scent. I was and old bottle, probably 3 years or more. I sprayed a yard of chartreuse Moda fabric and ironed. All of the sprayed areas turned orange! It did wash out in the end but not knowing if it would come out was a heart stopper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the heads up! Maybe I will stick to the Unscented white one...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm . . . that's good to beware of! I use the linen fresh scent and usually spray the back of the fabric - for some unknown reason other than I'm weird. Guess it's a throwback from when spray starch used to leave flakes!

    ReplyDelete